Thursday, March 23, 2023

Book Talk

   I had a great time at the Hulett, Wyoming Library doing a book talk. I was thrilled that so many people came and enjoyed it. I talked about how I got started writing and the self-publishing process. 

   The questions afterword were great and I have a few ideas for adding a couple extra things in the back of the books. I loved the request for a family tree diagram in the book. You know your readers are serious when they make notes in the book about your characters. I loved it! 


  I confess it was my very first public speaking engagement and I was terrified! Never in my life have I stood before people to talk. I was pleased that I didn't panic and made it through just fine. It's something that I would like to do again sometime. Being an introvert, I shocked myself when I agreed to do it! I had a blast, but now I'll have to hide at home for three days to recover. Ha!

  It was a wonderful learning experience for me, and I hope that my audience left knowing more about self-publishing. Hopefully some of them will look into it and publish their own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy November!

 It's National Novel Writing Month! Every year I attempt to get a novel finished for NaNoWriMo and every year I fail.  So far this time ...