Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Welcome to Rimrock, Wyoming

 


    Hello all, I hope everyone is having a fantastic February. We all know that February is best known for romance, and who can resist a good romance story. I never could. Though I loved reading, I had a desire to write my own love stories. So eventually I did.
    First, I needed a setting. Second, great characters. I randomly chose a name for the town, (I was around sixteen at the time) and it stuck. Rimrock is a fictional town set in the wilds of Wyoming and the people there all have a story to tell.
   After discovering romance books and falling in love with them, I wanted to start writing my own books. It started when I was a junior in high school with the idea for one book. Then three books. Then five books. Over the years, I fell in love with my characters and the supporting characters and decided that their stories needed to be told as well. There were three main families in the town that kept growing and growing. Soon I was writing books about their children and grandchildren.
    Rimrock itself started with a few settlers but over the years grew into a bustling town and a stop for the railroad. The train brought more interesting characters to the town, and they had their own story to tell. Each book is a standalone, but they have reoccurring characters.
    



The first two Rimrock books are finished and I'm excited to get more finished. This series is about the original settlers of Rimrock. Full of romance, fighting to survive on the harsh land, defending loved ones against danger, mystery, and even a little magic. 
The Wild Love Series is about the second generation of the Rimrock families. The first three books are finished, and I can't wait to get the rest finished. 
    

Connect with T.K. Conklin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy November!

 It's National Novel Writing Month! Every year I attempt to get a novel finished for NaNoWriMo and every year I fail.  So far this time ...